Indological Book House: bad business practice

Dominik Wujastyk ucgadkw at UCL.AC.UK
Sat Feb 24 13:50:03 UTC 2001

It has been brought to my attention that the Indological Book House has
been senting unsolicited email advertising to members of this list.  The
IBH has refused to stop sending such junk mail, even when requested.
(The junk mail they are sending out appears to be a publications
catalogue, but it is illegible on most computers.)

I advise all members of INDOLOGY to treat the Indological Book House with
great caution.  Be aware that their business practice is poor and that if
you once get onto their mailing list it may be hard to get off it again.

If patrons of this list continue to be harassed by IBH, we shall need to
take a stronger line, and start making it publicly known across the
internet that this is a company to be avoided.  Since this list reaches
many hundreds of influential indologists, I would think that negative
publicity here would have some impact with the company.

--
Dominik Wujastyk
Founder, INDOLOGY list.