Sikhandin

Benjamin Fleming benjy_fleming at ALTAVISTA.COM
Wed Feb 14 16:18:25 UTC 2001

Dear List Members,
I am searching for references to Sikhandin, specifically stories describing his transformation from a woman into a man via the yaksha named Sthuna who gives Sikhandini his male genetalia.  I have found two brief referencse to this tale in the Adi Parvan of the Mahabharata (I, 63; I, 67), but would like to read some more lengthy and detailed accounts.  Any references would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance.
B. Fleming

http://www.shopping.altavista.com