INDOLOGY Digest - 7 Feb 2001 to 8 Feb 2001 (#2001-40)

Bhadraiah Mallampalli vaidix at HOTMAIL.COM
Sat Feb 10 04:26:36 UTC 2001

Sri Sundaresan,

Sri Sundaresan,

>From: Vidyasankar Sundaresan
>>cittavRtti niridham is avoiding comtemplation, because it is too tiring to
>>go on using intelligence to trouble-shoot every problem >>that comes up.
>>So why not do "meditation" which is the next one >>explained in 7.6.1 and
>>get rid of the source of these stimuli?

>Neutralizing the stimuli within one's own cognitive apparatus is what
> >cittav.rttinirodha is all about. One can't "get rid" of external >sources
>of stimuli, unless one physically destroys the whole world.

Thank you for your attention. But is there really anything that is external?
I am not denying the external world, but whatever is in the external world
is effectively and efficiently represented by speech (vAk) and prANa in
their various transformations; irrespective of whether we agree speech and
prANa really grasp the complete essence of the external world or not, and
irrespective of whether we believe they can predict what will happen in the
external world. They could care less, because they can handle any situation
by taking any name or form depending on the situation. If there are still
external objects to be handled, YS would have mentioned that :=)

>And why suppose?

I mean the positioning of the word citta is as per the same unbroken
tradition.

Best regards
Bhadraiah