Closing of INDOLOGY list

Vanbakkam Vijayaraghavan vijay at VOSSNET.CO.UK
Mon Apr 16 08:23:34 UTC 2001

The closing of Indology list is certainly a great loss to ordinary educated
people, Indians or not, of getting to know first hand the thoughts, opinions of
professional Sanskritists , Dravidologists and other other scholors doing
intensive work on India's past from linguistic or historical or archeological or
any other angle. It also gave a chance for non-academics like me to air an
opinion occasionally.

Thanks for many scholors and the administrator of the list for their effort so
far. The closure of this list , I suppose, is due to the inability of the
administrator, to spend more time on this. This is perfectly undertandable . If
at all the list is to run further, the only way is for a small committee of
moderators to administer it, probably taken from different continents so that
each one works only during office hours. Ruthlessly cut out insulting messages
and messages which get too personal