Closing of INDOLOGY list

Gunthard Mueller gm at ANTHOSIMPRINT.COM
Sun Apr 15 23:50:26 UTC 2001

I fully concur.
It would be a great loss if the list came to a grinding halt
because of the regrettable recent incidents.
Some of the suggestions that were just made for ways of
preventing such trouble sound very reasonable.
Publicized identities might work.
Also, what if personal attacks and insults were to be
systematically rewarded by temporary
bans from the list? Or would it be a lot of hassle and
responsibility to enforce for any single list master I
wonder. Dominik might get personally attacked again if
he takes any measures. Maybe the burden could be shifted
to a committee of maybe three or four people
who would not contribute to the list for the duration
of their membership on the committee. Say, six
months. Then some form of public election of the
next committee members. The normal running of
the list could be done by Dominik, but if any temporary
shut-outs are to be enforced for the protection of the
list, they would be called for by the changing and
hopefully impartial committee.

It would be a pity if we lost this list.

Yours,
Gunthard