Chariots and Ships

Steve Farmer saf at SAFARMER.COM
Sat Apr 7 08:17:36 UTC 2001

Subrahmanya S. writes, of RV war chariots:

> Could you please point  me where there is evidence of the war chatiot ?
>
> Also, keep in mind that this has to be in the RV not from later periods or
> texts.

Start with the obvious verses on war chariots in RV 6.75, which are replete
with images of enemies being trampled by war-chariot horses. By the
despised standards of critical scholarship, like Oldenberg's, this is a
very late RV hymn. But by the revolutionary standards of S. Talageri, whom
you defend, it is found in the "oldest" and "hoariest" of RV books. See
again Talageri's fantastic chronology at http://www.safarmer.com/pico/talageri.html.