Chariots and Ships

Subrahmanya S. subrahmanyas at HOTMAIL.COM
Sat Apr 7 05:13:40 UTC 2001

saf, as always a cool-headed empiricist, writes:

Can I suggest as bedtime reading M. Sparreboom's _Chariots of the Veda_
(1985), which copiously discusses the iconographical, archaeological, and
textual evidence? Or would you agree with D. Frawley that the composers of
the Vedas (aka the Mother Culture) were a maritime people? ("That's not a
chariot, that's a ship!")

saf

Thank you very much for the suggestion. I have the book with me.
Could you please point  me where there is evidence of the war chatiot ?

Also, keep in mind that this has to be in the RV not from later periods or
texts.

S.