RAJARAM EPISODE

Robert Zydenbos zydenbos at GMX.LI
Sat Sep 30 19:18:50 UTC 2000

Am 30 Sep schrieb nanda chandran:

> Likewise we're not asking back territory from Pakistan. Let us just have
> our most important temples back.

Perhaps that overwhelming Hindu majority could consider returning all the
Jaina and Buddhist structures to their erstwhile owners first, before raving
about what the Muslims later did to brahminical structures? Why such a
partisan attitude? (Sorry if the desire for 'truth and integrity' in some of us,
which you expressly say not to believe in, asks such questions.)

> If you're unable to understand our standpoint, I do not blame you. Mere
> knowledge of Sanskrit or Indian literature does not make one a Hindu
> nor will it enable you to truly understand the Hindu mind.

You should know perfectly well that your attitudes are not representative
of the whole of Hindudom - fortunately not. We know enough about India to
know that this kind of noisy polemic is insulting to a good many persons who
consider themselves Hindu. It is also insulting to our intelligence. If you
wish to be taken seriously, please stop this kind of writing.

RZ

--
Prof. Dr. Robert J. Zydenbos
Institut f�r Indologie und Iranistik