Rajaram unrepentent!

Robert Zydenbos zydenbos at GMX.LI
Thu Sep 28 13:08:13 UTC 2000

Am 27 Sep 2000, um 17:52 schrieb Vidyasankar Sundaresan:

> >Typically the talk of a mathematician: 'let x be parallel to y,...'
> >But who says that x and y are parallel in the first place? Once
> >again:
>
> It is perhaps asking for too much on this list - but would it be
> possible to keep the bashing of a particular man from transforming
> itself into the bashing of the general group to which he claims to
> belong?

Perhaps it indeed is asking too much, :-))) after the performances
of 'scientists' on this list from time to time. Let me assure you that
I have nothing against mathematicians per se; but I do find
Rajaram's piece very illustrative of the style of reasoning that
regularly leads to clashes here because it is out of place. Of
course not all mathematicians a.o. do that; but then they cease to
be 'typical' mathematicians etc.

RZ