Mahabharata date. Was: Iron Age in India

Anand M. Sharan asharan at ENGR.MUN.CA
Mon Sep 25 15:00:02 UTC 2000

I believe in laying out the facts in front of every one. However, one
should not make up the mind one way or the other before the results are
out . I do not want to discredit any one's work even though they differ
from one another. Based on the assumptions and modelling, they come to
their own conclusions.

Being aware of the problems in the written literature but trust in Indian
Astronomy, and descrition of simple events like Balram's voyage along the
Saraswati river, I quite confidently believe that approximate time plus or
minus 100 years can be known . May be Mahabharat is much more recent or
very old, I have no way of knowing it now.

Regarding modern methods of use to determine the date when it happened , I
also intend to use the modern method .

Regards,

Anand M. Sharan