Some regional variations in Indian lunar calendar

Harry Spier harryspier at HOTMAIL.COM
Sat Sep 9 19:28:04 UTC 2000

Dear list members,

Since I posted my query regarding regional variations in calculating
kshayamaasa (particularily for Maharashtra) I have come across a website
www.datepanchanga.com of Date's Almanac Ltd. based in Solapur and Pune.
This website contains a very brief overview of discrepancies of panchangs of
this century.  The teacher (and father of one of the current pandits) is
Shree Pandit Dhundirajshastri Date who is described in the website as
"...first to decipher the shAsthrArtha (religious decisions related to
kshayamAsa) of the kshayamAsa..." .

This appears to be what I am looking for.  Are any of the members familiar
with the reputation of their panchangs?

Many thanks in advance,

Harry Spier
371 Brickman Rd.