Some regional variations in Indian lunar calendar

Michio Yano yanom at KSUVX0.KYOTO-SU.AC.JP
Sat Sep 9 02:00:12 UTC 2000

Several years ago I wrote a pancanga program with my former
student by TurboPascal and made it public at my ftp site:
ccftp.kyoto-tu.ac.jp
at the directory
pub/doc/sanskrit/pancanga

Recently we translated it into perl language so that
we can run it at my homepage:

http://www.kyoto-su.ac.jp/~yanom

But only a few days ago I found a bug for the karana
computation.  So at present please refer to the pascal
version, of which results are slightly different from
those of the perl version.  We have not taken into
account the different systems of computing kSayadina or
adhikadina.

I am leaving for India from next Monday in order to colelct
pancangas and to discuss about our program with some
traditional pancanga makers.

Michio Yanoy
Kyoto Sangyo University
yanom at cc.kyoto-su.ac.jp