Sanskrit Grammarian

Dominik Wujastyk ucgadkw at UCL.AC.UK
Fri Sep 8 08:34:03 UTC 2000

---------- Forwarded message ----------

Thu, 7 Sep 2000 18:31:38 +0200
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2000 18:31:38 +0200
From: Gerard Huet <huet at santenay.inria.fr>
To: INDOLOGY at LISTSERV.LIV.AC.UK
Subject: Sanskrit Grammarian

I am glad to announce the first release on Internet of "The Sanskrit
Grammarian", a declension engine available through the Web page
http://pauillac.inria.fr/~huet/SKT/decls.html where you may submit
sanskrit stems and genders and get the corresponding flexed forms. Input
follows the devnag transliteration convention, and for proper viewing of
diacritics you should have installed Chris Fynn's Indic Times Font on your
computer. All indications are given in my sanskrit page
http://pauillac.inria.fr/~huet/SKT/sanskrit.html

I have also linked this grammatical engine to my sanskrit to french
lexicon.  Thus all first-level entries have now mouse-sensitive gender
informations, which trigger the corresponding declension tables.  Also,
the index engine, available from
http://pauillac.inria.fr/~huet/SKT/DICO/index.html searches for flexed
forms of substantives. Try it out with form "bhavaan". Please report any
problem to me.

Gerard.Huet at inria.fr