colophon verse

Arlo Griffiths griffithsa at RULLET.LEIDENUNIV.NL
Tue Sep 5 11:46:00 UTC 2000

Dear INDOLOGISTs,

If anyone knows of other attestations of the following verse from a colophon
of an Orissa ms., I would be very grateful to hear about it:

bhagnap.r.s.thaka.tigriivasthiirad.r.s.tir adhomukha.h |   [read: -sthira-]
du.hkhena likhita.m grantha.m putravat paripaalayet ||

There also seems to be a variant (in 2 other mss.), with something like
TULVA/TULII/TULAAd.r.s.tir, but I find the ak.saras hard to read there, and
cannot see what is meant.

With thanks,

-- Arlo Griffiths

CNWS / Instituut Kern