History of Mughalstan

nanda chandran vpcnk at HOTMAIL.COM
Mon Sep 4 07:02:27 UTC 2000

schrieb Robert Zydenbos :

>(because this is why you quoted me, right? I.e. that I have written that
>'Vedic civilisation' 'encourages war' etc.), and if you can also point out
>the last time I wrote anything about Buddhism, and how this has anything at
>all to do with what I was writing about -- then I will write again in this
>thread. Is that a good deal? Otherwise, I think that I should not continue.

That the brahmanic ideal was spiritual, is something that I just said in
the passing. But you blew up that particular point and went into the
- spiritual east vs materialistic west, Vivekananda myth, religious
propoganda etc - mode. Was that justified? The same is the case with
comparing India with Europe.

And yet you accuse me of indulging in polemics for fun!

Though you didn't explicitly mention Buddhism, the tone of the argument
is pretty typical of Euro centric/leftist interpreters of Indian history
who try to glorify Buddhism at the expense of Vedic Hinduism. And the
comparison between Buddhism and Hinduism, I'd also presented it in quotes,
which obviously wasn't from your post. It was only a general reference to an
attitude so typical of some biased historians. So there's little need for
your imagination run riot about people trying to accuse you of something
that you didn't say. If you do not want others to mistake you as part of
this clique, then you should be careful about what you write.

>Please let us know whether you are joking and want a bit of polemic just
>for fun.

Maybe you could answer it for me.