FIREMAND POSTMAN CHERRY, etc.

Phillip Ernest phillip.ernest at UTORONTO.CA
Fri Oct 27 18:10:55 UTC 2000

There are only two professors here, and not many more students, who know
Sanskrit; but I may look into it just the same.  I have a terrible fear
that whenever Stella Sandahl retires, the university will not hire a
replacement, and Sanskrit will no longer be taught at this university that
once housed the largest Sanskrit department outside of India.  Maybe the
Speak Sanskrit movement can drum up some enthusiasm for the language,
particularly among Toronto's large South Asian population.

P.E.