FIREMAND POSTMAN CHERRY, etc.

Claude Setzer cssetzer at MUM.EDU
Fri Oct 27 15:01:47 UTC 2000

----- Original Message -----
From: "Phillip Ernest" <phillip.ernest at UTORONTO.CA>

> This thread refers to something I would really like to know more about.
> How, and to what extent, is Sanskrit used in modern India?  > > > V. V.
Raman

Please see my recent post on Spoken Sanskrit movement. They are very active
in Bangalore India at least and give regular long term classes there (months
or years) with a lot of people living there basically permanently and
speaking nothing but Sanskrit. They also give regular classes all over the
US and had a one week Sanskrit Camp in California this last summer. I think
they will be eager to put your university on there regular visit list if you
write to Vasuvaj.

Claude Setzer