Regarding indology and intuitive knowledge

Bob Peck rpeck at NECA.COM
Wed Oct 25 12:51:29 UTC 2000

-----Original Message-----
From: C.R. Selvakumar <selvakum at VALLUVAR.UWATERLOO.CA>
To: INDOLOGY at LISTSERV.LIV.AC.UK <INDOLOGY at LISTSERV.LIV.AC.UK>
.
>     Would you please tell me your basis for your extraordinary claim?

My statements were based upon studies of students as well as literature. The
modern West is oriented to thinking and the brain, whereas, the East and
older documents write more of feeling (and intuition) centered in the guts.
The modern West considers the brain/heart connection whereas many older and
Eastern definitions describe the heart as ruling the brain and body and
located within the abdomen. The modern West generally identifies the self
with the brain and its activities, as compared with the identity with
‘feelings’ with the thinking brain only a remote tool from the self.

This web site is a good example of the differences.

Regards
Bob Peck