Whines in India (was Re: "Science" in India)

Bijoy Misra bmisra at FAS.HARVARD.EDU
Tue Oct 24 11:35:15 UTC 2000

Michael,
I am sure you are not in the same league of India-bashing
as Steve Farmer is.  Can we give the country some credit
that's due?  To extrapolate that a faking Rajaram was
a product of failing Indian science is just dangerous
and is extremely subjective.

Again I am repeatedly told that this forum is not for
political opinions.  So why are these statements made
and as Dominic would say "needs airing"?  Do they really
to help the cause of "Indology"?

I would continue to say that the discipline in Indian
educational system is superior to many other systems.
However I believe thay are not matters for discussion
here.  Can we refrain?

Let us fight inobjective scholarship, but not a people!
All of us should examine our hearts for any bias in
reaching a conclusion.

Regards,

Bijoy Misra