"Science" in India

Subrahmanya S. subrahmanyas at HOTMAIL.COM
Sat Oct 21 17:35:41 UTC 2000

>From: Dominik Wujastyk <ucgadkw at UCL.AC.UK>
>
>At base, what Farmer is trying to do is to find for himself some way of
>understanding how Rajram, Kak, and others can write history that is so
>at variance with the standard model, and is based on poor evidence,
>misleading argumentation, and so forth.  How can someone do something
>so inexplicable?  Why would a scholar, someone dedicated to truth,
>write a book containing untruth?

Please ask Witzel that question.

Dont you realize that your so called 'standard model' is also based
on poor evidence, misleading argumentation and so forth ?

Standard model ? Based on that flawed assumption you extrapolate
that the others are wrong.
How are you so sure that your standard model is close to the
truth - it has its origins in a racist past and arrogant present.

It is ok to be partisan - but please do not present it is objective
scholarship.

Remember that when I asked "What happens when a person indulges in
mistranslations of passages in order to prove ones point or theory"
See Dr. Vassilov's reply at
http://listserv.liv.ac.uk/cgi-shl/WA.EXE?A2=ind0008&L=indology&D=1&O=D&F=&S=&P=5626

Considering the history of mistranslations and misrepresentations
that europeanist scholars have indulged in from anaasa to amaavasu
they cannot be trusted anymore.

Regards,
Subrahmanya