Indus script in Santhal Villages of Bihar

Narayan R. Joshi giravani at JUNO.COM
Sun Oct 1 14:05:55 UTC 2000

I think the little book, "Indus script among Dravidian Speakers" by the
author Dr. R. Mathivanan, published by General Editor-Dr N. Mahalingam of
the International Society for the Investigation of Ancient Civilizations,
102 Mount Road, Guindy, Madras 600032 has wealth of information.It has
pictures of Indus script on the walls in the Santhal Villages from Bihar.
It has pictures of bilingual and biscript coins. I am not pessimistic about
the outcome of the future archaeological excavations in India. The nine
sign Dolvira board is the recent discovery. I may be wrong, but to the best
of my knowledge there is no archaeological excavations in the Eastern or
the South-eastern regions of India comparable in extent of Mohenjodaro and
Harappa.In my opinon the Indian archaeology is not even 100 years old.One
should not try to color the ancient Indian civilization in the rush.