SV: SV: Caucasian genes in Dravidian wombs

Vanbakkam Vijayaraghavan vijay at VOSSNET.CO.UK
Thu Nov 30 13:16:06 UTC 2000

On Thu, 30 Nov 2000 13:13:32 +0100, Lars Martin Fosse <lmfosse at ELENDER.HU>
wrote:

>Vanbakkam Vijayaraghavan [SMTP:vijay at VOSSNET.CO.UK] skrev 30. november 2000
>12:52:
>> >This is contradicted by your own quotation. Caucasian is not a PC for
>> >Aryan. It is an old-fashioned term for "white", coined about two-hundred
>> >years ago. It would also include typical non-Aryans like Finns and
>Basques.
>>
>> Would you also include as "typical aryans" the black, mulatto and latino
>> populations of the Americas since English/Spanish/French/Portugese is
>their
>> mother tongue?
>
>I think you are mixing up the concepts of "race" versus language/language
>family. A black American speaking English (or Spanish) speaks an
>Indo-European language (Aryan, or rather Indo-Aryan being reserved for the
>Aryan languages of India). But a black American is obviously not an
>Indo-European or a "Caucasian" in racial terms, he is an African.

I was not mixing up. Since you said aryan is a speaker of aryan group of
languages, I was trying to clarification of your terminology. I just
expected plain yes/no answer.