Shri Venkateshwar Steam Press

Vielle Christophe vielle at ORI.UCL.AC.BE
Wed Nov 29 21:05:39 UTC 2000

Forwarded message about a venerable publisher, whose books, esp. editions,
have a lot of time been reprinted by others (and even presented as "new"
books) without any mention about the original publication.

>From: "Sanjay Bajaj" <khemraj at vsnl.com>
>To: "Vielle Christophe" <vielle at ori.ucl.ac.be>
>Subject: Indian Books!
>Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 03:02:37 +0530
>
>    Dear Mr. Vielle,  I am sending you the below mentioned  letter that
>I have been sending to all Indological sites &  now  request you too to
>see if you can get some good Indological  sites to add my web site & also
>please go through the site & send me  your opinion & suggestions.   Sanjay
>Bajaj
>
>Dear Sir,
>We are the oldest Publishers of Indian books (EST.1871)  namely M/S
>Khemraj Shrikrishnadass prop: Shri Venkateshwar Steam Press, Bombay  & now
>are launching a web site.   www.khemraj.com   This is to enquire & request
>you to please  guide me as I am the fourth generation of the Khemraj
>family looking after the  same business & my name is Mr. Sanjay Bajaj &
>enable me to show to the  world the treasures of India & our books
>ofcourse with your little  help.   Please tell me how do I include my URL
>to your site  & listing & oblige.   Thanking You!   For M/S Khemraj
>Shrikrishnadass   Sanjay Bajaj   Email: sanjay at khemraj.com
http://www.khemraj.com/

Dr. Christophe Vielle
Centre d'Etudes de l'Inde et de l'Asie du Sud
Institut orientaliste
Place Blaise Pascal 1
B - 1348 Louvain-la-Neuve
BELGIUM
Tel. +32-(0)10-47 49 54 (office)/ -(0)2-640 62 66 (home)
E-mail: vielle at ori.ucl.ac.be