heliocentrism--predating Copernicus

Satya Upadhya satya_upadhya at HOTMAIL.COM
Tue Nov 28 04:25:14 UTC 2000

The only clear and unambiguous exposition of the sun being the centre of the
universe, in Indian writings, is to be found in the writings of Aryabhata I
(circa 5th century A.D.)afaik.  Check out his "Aryabhatiya" if you wish to
read the original material.

This is the same Aryabhata, incidentially, who is famous for coming up with
an approximation for the value of Pi.

Satya