Re. Black and Bright and Beautiful

Vanbakkam Vijayaraghavan vijay at VOSSNET.CO.UK
Sun Nov 12 18:20:46 UTC 2000

On Sun, 12 Nov 2000 04:44:16 -0800, Ven. Tantra <troyoga at YAHOO.COM> wrote:

>BTW, I for one have personally witnessed people of
>both African and Southern Indian origin that had
>complexions so black that they were blue. I would add
>that I found these remarkable countenances to be
>equally radiant and beautiful

But generally many Tamils refer to Africans as 'karuppargal' meaning
blacks - with the assumption that they are not blacks

'Apprikka Azhage' meaning African beauty , is used as a snide remark even
by 'dravidian' politcal parties