Re. Black and Bright and Beautiful

Rajarshi Banerjee rajarshi.banerjee at SMGINC.COM
Sun Nov 12 19:04:10 UTC 2000

>BTW, I for one have personally witnessed people of >both African and
Southern Indian origin that had >complexions so black that they were blue. I
would add >that I found these remarkable countenances to be >equally radiant
and beautiful

Few africans are really that dark to shine blue and purple. The ones that
are are extremely striking looking.

Many east africans are really impressive and good looking and could have
inspired such references. As for indians such complexions (and looks :-))
are almost non existant.

I would argue that such references in literature are just idealizations
based on some chance sighting or anecdotes. Similar to phrases like white as
snow. Platinim blondes are also rare and definitely stand out.

regards RB