Siva and Vishnu (was: Kinship systems)

Vanbakkam Vijayaraghavan vijay at VOSSNET.CO.UK
Fri Nov 10 14:49:10 UTC 2000

On Fri, 10 Nov 2000 11:39:49 GMT, Maran Kathirchelvan
<maran_kathirchelvan at HOTMAIL.COM> wrote:

>Dr. Ganesan is correct.  There ARE hundreds of references to Saivam.
>It appears that Mr. Vijayaraghavan is not familiar with any Tamil
>literature.
>Perhaps that is why he wrote:
>
>>>Well, I was expecting a few from the hundreds of examples which you know
>>>i.e. of the usage of the words Saivam and VaiNavam.

Dear Sir

While I thank you for the prodigious amount of reference you have given, I
am dismayed at your comments, which do not sound logical. You sume that
familiarity with ANY tamil literature will lead to all the references you
have given. I did write that the search I did with Cologne ebase yielded
negative result

I also notice that you have failed to give any reference for VaiNavam.

>So, here are a few excerpts from the references that I could find.
>
>Sorry for the long post.  Since Mr. Vijayaraghavan often gets away with
long
>posts, I hope the Administrator will allow me too, this time.
>
>Regards,
>
>Maran T.

These are wholly unwarranted and untrue comemnts. My last 5 posts had
lengths 11 lines, 20 lines, 73 lines, 153 lines and 34 lines. The longer
posts were due to reproduction of other's posts or combining 3 replies in
one post. If this is what you term as "long" and "often", I would request
you to use your arithmetic sense, which I am sure you possess in abundance.
If you want to make a post of 316 lines , it is between you and the list
admin and there is no need to drag my name

Regards

Vijayaraghavan