Haygriva contd.

Richard Thomas rg.thomas at UWS.EDU.AU
Wed Nov 8 01:10:54 UTC 2000

hank you very much for the useful replies that I received re: Hayagriva. I
am following these up. Many of you have indicated references and pictures
of Hayagriva within temples ranging from India to Japan and even within
Java. Does anyone know how the figure of Hayagriva was conceptualised
within China? I realise of course that asking this on an Indology list is a
bit off the track. However, in 9th century Vietnam we are dealing with an
interface between Indic Champa and Sinic Dai Viet/ China.