[ADMIN] HTML Based Email (AOL 6.0)

David Salmon dsalmon at SALMON.ORG
Sat Nov 4 01:44:44 UTC 2000

Best untweak the software.  HTML is the standard these days, internet
browsers that handle HTML are free, and bandwidth differences are slight.
Users who can't handle HTML email need to catch up; times have changed.

David

----- Original Message -----
From: Dominik Wujastyk
To: INDOLOGY at LISTSERV.LIV.AC.UK
Sent: Friday, November 03, 2000 4:39 AM
Subject: [ADMIN] HTML Based Email (AOL 6.0)

As you know, in an attempt to keep INDOLOGY fast, lean and clean, we
recently tweaked the listserv software to prevent the list receiving email
containing attachments or HTML formatted messages.  This policy is common
in the listserv and majordomo community.

AOL has recently released version 6 of its email client, which has no
facility to turn off HTML formatting.  So anyone using the new AOL will
not be able to post to this list.

--
Dominik Wujastyk
Founder, INDOLOGY list.