[Admin] Re: neo-Orientalism (ii)

Dominik Wujastyk ucgadkw at UCL.AC.UK
Wed Nov 1 12:31:44 UTC 2000

Dear NC,

In your posting below you accuse your interlocutors of pettiness, you
imply childishness, and an ignorance of humanities scholarship.  You
accuse them of shrillness, insecurity, and you impugne their professional
standing.

It is ironic that your accusations and insults are part of your request
that your interlocutors should not behave in the manner in which you
yourself are behaving.

Your posting brings up no new or interesting information about classical
India and is therefore quite beyond the scope of this list, quite apart
from being a serious breach of common netiquette.

This is the second time I have had to write to you today.  I shall now
cancel your subscription.

[...]

--
Dominik Wujastyk