Cords and bamboo rods in ancient India

mohkamsing n.mohkamsing at WORLDONLINE.NL
Tue May 16 18:26:49 UTC 2000

Dear Lindegaard,
Though not eaxactly what you're looking, the following two articles may be
helpful: Frits Staal's "MAna: Vedic" and Bruno Dagen's "MAna in the Arts:
Architecture and Image-making", which occured in KalAtattvakosha, edited by
B. Baumer, Vol. II, 355-84, N. Delhi: IGNCA, 1992.
Sincerely,
Narender Mohkamsing
[Leiden, The Netherlands]

----------
> From: Toke Lindegaard Knudsen <tlk at POST.COM>
> To: INDOLOGY at LISTSERV.LIV.AC.UK
> Subject: Cords and bamboo rods in ancient India
> Date: dinsdag 16 mei 2000 11:37
>
> Dear members of Indology,
>
> I am interested in the accuracy of methods for the measuring out and
> construction of different arenas and altars in ancient Indian ritual
(more
> specifically as described in the zulbasUtras).  The methods involves
using
> cords and bamboo rods.  Is there any good studies (or other literature)
on