Impact of mantra recital, etc.

Krishna R krishnar9 at HOTMAIL.COM
Wed May 10 04:06:41 UTC 2000

> From reading my post again, I now see that the word "amateur" can have a
derogatory interpretation. In my dictionary the only difference between a
professional and an amateur is that while the former does it to earn his
bread and butter, the latter does it for enjoyment. Although some amateurs
are dilettantes like me, others are definitely quite well qualified. From
what I have seen of professionals, most tend to be a little wary of stepping
out into the unknown lest the rest of the flock doesnt follow. So, if you
quote me to imply that your fellow indologists, are "amateurs" in any other
sense, please do so at your own risk.

Best Wishes,

Krishna
----