Abhisamacarika Buddhist vinaya text available

Peter Wyzlic pwyzlic at UNI-BONN.DE
Fri May 5 09:11:21 UTC 2000

On Thu, 4 May 2000, Joseph Walser wrote:

[Re: Abhisamacarika]

> Could anyone out there refer me to sources of information about this text?
> (Where was it found? Are there any published studies on this text?).

The "older" literature can be found in Akira Yuyama's _A
systematic survey of Buddhist Sanskrit literature_. Part 1:
Vinaya-Texte. Wiesbaden: Steiner, 1979, p. 41, No. 1.67.S.2.
A newer study/monograph in English is:
Maulichand Prasad: _A comparative study of Abhisamacarika_. Patna:
K. P. Jayaswal Research Inst., 1984 (Tibetan Sanskrit Work Ser.
No. 26).  I don't know if there are newer Japanese publications
on this text.

Peter Wyzlic

--
Peter Wyzlic
Indologisches Seminar, Universitaet Bonn