Comparative linguistics

Sam Garg gargsam at HOTMAIL.COM
Tue Mar 21 19:48:05 UTC 2000

> From my limited exposure to the out-of-India model, it certainly appears
that way.  My own feeling is that it would be folly to replace a model,
however incomplete, with another model which is new and lacks sufficient and
positive evidence.  Having said this, your question would be better answered
by someone more familiar with the out of India model.

My own exposure to the 'out of India' model has only come via the Web over
the past two months (hence, my subscription to this list).  Over the balance
of my 20 years of reading Indology related material, I had not encountered
it even once in print.

Sanjay