Comparative linguistics

Sam Garg gargsam at HOTMAIL.COM
Sun Mar 19 05:23:51 UTC 2000

>But on a very different note: both of us should watch out! Rahul Oka >My
>difference with them is that I do not bother the programming >experts on
>their lists with my amateurism), and that you can make >sense of
>'scientific journals'

Of course you 'do not bother the programming experts on their lists with my
amateurism'.  I'm sure their lists are true to their area of expertise and
do not pretend to be any more than that...

On the other hand, this list calls itself "Indology" but is in fact a narrow
subset of "Indology".  So, why act surprised when you see 'amateur
Indologists bother this list'?

BTW, would you also not classify as an 'amateur Indologist'?  I presume you
are NOT a PhD in Indology?

Sanjay