Dates of written Rgveda

George Thompson GthomGt at CS.COM
Thu Mar 16 14:14:58 UTC 2000

I hope that Steve Farmer has not given up on this thread.  In spite of the
heat and volume of the responses which his original question has generated,
both on and off the list,  I think that his question has now been adequately
answered.

The two most recent posts from Michael Witzel culminate a series of responses
that shows not only that there *IS* a consensus concerning Vedic orality and
the transmission of Vedic texts, but also that many reasonable and
well-informed members of the list have not been driven away yet by all of the
squabbling.

The list continues to serve its function very well.

George Thompson