Ancient Rivers of khvaniratha and indology

S.Kalyanaraman kalyan99 at NETSCAPE.NET
Wed Mar 15 10:35:45 UTC 2000

Michael Witzel <witzel at FAS.HARVARD.EDU> wrote:
> Bartholomae has also xvanaT.caxra (cf. svanad-ratha), xvaini-star at ta/u,
> xvaini.saxta;> And Avestan vaEjah simply cannot be = Ved. vis'a (viz???), as
Avestan j  => Vedic j.  While Vedic s' (z) = Avestan s.

My response on etyma and semantic tracks is posted at
http://sarasvati.listbot.com View Archives Message #96 (since the size
is 7.2k and too much for this list). Longer responses (upto 200k) can be sent
to sarasvati at listbot.com which will automatically get posted on the Archives.

Would deeply appreciate further comments and suggestions. Yes, indeed,
linguistics (phonetics, semantics and transformational grammar) is what
indology has for 'science', however, imperfect... On semantics vs. phonetics,
later...

Regards, Dr. S. Kalyanaraman