Dates of written Rgveda

Rajarshi Banerjee rajarshi.banerjee at SMGINC.COM
Sat Mar 11 21:08:10 UTC 2000

SF> I admit that the idea that much in any one culture is "absolutely
unique" is anathema to the comparativist in me.

I am not an expert on the vedas but how does one explain the near perfect
match between different schools of the vedas in different parts of India
without much standardiing influence or contact between them or is this just
a myth. Isnt this somewhat unique as compared to other cultures. Perhaps the
answer partly lies in the nature of sanskrit phonology which is unique
compared to other natural languages.

regards RB