translation assistance

Bob Peck rpeck at NECA.COM
Thu Mar 9 12:30:23 UTC 2000

in reference to Prof. Witzel's search for translation articles.
As an amateur I found that the ParAtriiSikA Vivarana, was able to give me
insights that I had never found in other texts. Abhinavagupta's discussion
on how to translate the ParAtriMSikA struck me as pointing to the many
problems of translating Sanskrit plus also indicating out the absolute
requirment to understand the starting thesis of the text (that may be in
partial support for Dr.Wujastyk's stand).
regards
Bob Peck