SV: ICHR controversey

Rajarshi Banerjee rajarshi.banerjee at SMGINC.COM
Wed Mar 1 15:54:04 UTC 2000

Communal tension was obviously not invented by the british. Certain aspects
of Indias past are overlookd or censored for political reasons for keeping
harmony as they say but also to for the sake of vote bank politics. And its
not just history even news is censored in really dumb ways.
I remembr an incident when sikh terrosists stopped a bus and selectively
killed over 50 hindu passengers. The newspaper report said that members of a
certain community were killed. I can imagine that the bombay riots where
many muslims died were also described in a similar mealy mouthed fashion,
although I was in the US at that time. It is not hard to imagine that a govt
funded organization would pomote govt sponsored inhibitions and platitudes.

If you go to places like the qutab minar in Delhi or many other islamic
architechtural sites you often see pre-islamic masonry complete with statues
which have been broken and reused or sometimes left untouched out of sheer
laziness. Why does it suddenly become so bizzare to see similar things at
babri masjid and why cant it be looked at dispassionately.

regards RB