Etymology of the words 'vedi' in ritual context

George Thompson GthomGt at CS.COM
Fri Jun 30 13:01:15 UTC 2000

In a message dated 6/30/00 5:04:52 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
hbd at DDIT.ERNET.IN writes:

> I find you have not answered my questions. Are you following the Japanese
> method
>  of "killing a question" by silence?  Or, that I (i.e. HBD) can not be a
>  philosopher or a (what you call) vipra.h ?  Incidently I am  a vipra.h (at
> least
>  by birth and profession, though I do not have any certificate about it from
>  INDOLOGY list)
>  Best wishes,
>
>  --  Himanshu

It is quite clear to me, Himanshu, that you are indeed both a philosopher and
a vipra.  But I am not.  So I will have to withdraw from further discussion.

I do not know whether this is the Japanese method or not, but in any case it
will save the list members from another headache.

Best wishes,

George