Again, SANSKRIT broadcasts + M.Muller

Sven Ekelin ekelin at BAHNHOF.SE
Thu Jun 29 04:05:26 UTC 2000

On June 28, 2000, Michael Witzel wrote:

     >Evam me matam.

I suspect that Max Müller gave the name *MokSa-Mûlara-BhaTTa*
to himself.

Müller*s four volume Rgveda with SâyaNa, the second edition
of 1890, is available to me in a reprint from Krishnadas Academy,
Varanasi, 1983.

Immediately preceding the Sanskrit text there is the following
Sanskrit title page that does not look like it has been changed
in the reprint. (Perhaps someone can check with the original prints
of the first and second editions.)

RgvedasaMhitâ

çârmaNyadeçotpanneneMgalaNDadeçanivâsinâ mokSamûlarabhaTTena
saMçodhitâ

gotîrthâbhidhânanagare

SaMvat 1947 varSe

     All the best,