[Re: Viveka & Rta/Satya] OR WHATEVER

Jogesh Panda jogeshpanda at NETSCAPE.NET
Mon Jul 24 17:56:39 UTC 2000

Rajarshi Banerjee <rajarshi.banerjee at SMGINC.COM> wrote:

>>As for varta in "Aryavarta".. A region is defined by its boundary or
>perimeter(circle). Dont see why "varta" needs to be connected  to a wagon
>encampment. I would assume that "aryavarta" connotes a different context >and
scale than a travelling party of bullock carts. Maybe I am missing
>something.

Certainly. For a starter, it is 'Avarta' and not 'varta'[ AryAvarta and not
"Aryavarta"]. I guess we have to read more [and relevantly] before we assume a
position.

Best wishes,
Jogesh Panda