Viveka & Rta/Satya

Dominik Wujastyk ucgadkw at UCL.AC.UK
Sat Jul 22 20:38:17 UTC 2000

On Sat, 22 Jul 2000, Rajarshi Banerjee wrote:

> Would have to say that egyptian history is far more loaded with facts is

I'm afraid you don't understand what I'm getting at.  See, e.g., EH Carr's
What is History, or  RG Collingwood's The Idea of History.  In past
messages you have distinguished "theories" from "known facts".  But all
knowledge of the past is ultimately constructed and is therefore to some
extent contingent, and certainly filtered.  As we see from Farmer's
posting on Rajram's "horse"!

Incidentally, when I looked at http://www.safarmer.com/pico/delusion2.html
what I saw was a Rorschach inkblot.  :-)

--
Dominik Wujastyk
Founder, INDOLOGY list.