Viveka & Rta/Satya ( horse seal )

Rajarshi Banerjee rajarshi.banerjee at SMGINC.COM
Sat Jul 22 21:46:11 UTC 2000

I'm afraid you don't understand what I'm getting at.  See, e.g., EH Carr's
What is History, or  RG Collingwood's The Idea of History.  In past
messages you have distinguished "theories" from "known facts".

All that is very good. But what I am getting at is that theory is  not
distinguished from history in text books at the school level in India.

Incidentally, when I looked at http://www.safarmer.com/pico/delusion2.html
what I saw was a Rorschach inkblot.  :-)

The picture is quite poor. the hoof detail in the artists depiction looks
suspiciously detailed and looks just like a horse. One wonders if he could
make out such detail from a badly eroded seal

On the other hand: the genital argument does hold some water :)
The tail is also horse like.

Have a look at http://www.harappa.com
look at the bull and unicorn seals
look at the genital area
all the seals depict the loose penile flap and the penis.

the flap is a characteristic of the brahma breed and is looser and more
prominent than other breeds. In any case all cattle have them. artistic
depictions of bulls cannot ignore this feature.

http://www.caballorojoranch.com/bullpasture.html
http://www.diamondaranch.com/3-1.html
http://www.cowmans.com/10txcmck.htm
http://www.sbarranch.com/839.htm
http://www.sbarranch.com/949.htm

For horses the genitals are set far behind and are not very visible from a
side on view.

Of course if there is a bibliographical error maybe the seal itself is fake,
right? I have never heard of a horse seal before? heard of a depiction of a
horse/onager like thing.