tanks etc./Internet problems

Mon Jul 17 04:44:09 UTC 2000

I am truly sorry to repeat myself once more, but again,
Subrahmanya has failed
to show and to  quote where I have written what he alleges.
And he again simply repeats (below) : now in translation, "writings on
chariot tanks."  Satyam vada!

See my detailed mail of 2/13/2000 in the Indology archives:

g) S. SUBAAHMANYA:  Fri, 11 Feb 2000
>>that is why Indology has had Aryan noses, Aryan languages and
now Witzel has 'managed' to find Aryan chariot panzers <<

You're welcome to  to look at IndianCivilization; however, one has to
become *a member* first,  and when looking at the web site one has to
accept a lot of cookies! (whose??).
Otherwise the site does not work.

----------------------------

*** Speaking of technical items:

I apologize for sending a private letter via the list. Not clear to me how
it happened. Too much mail, scholarly for a change today: Not the 'guilty'
return button this time.

Following Jaap Pranger's explanations (thanks!!), I see 3-4 problems:

* Inadvertent addition of junk (text formatting) as in my 22k case, done
via Eudora, when using underlining/adding color,  etc.  My apologies! Did
not realize that as these additional KB  are not shown on Eudora; true size
can be seen on older email systems such as Better Telnet.

*  Automatical addition of junk (as explained by J.Pranger) when using the
obnoxious Outlook. One has to reset it to avoid that.
In addition, Outlook results in empty messages in Eudora, as explained
earlier. I get 2-3 messages from Indology per week that are empty (no
kidding!!)  and have to open Better Telnet in order to be able to read them.

* Attachments, which are now banned and automatically rejected.

How to avoid all of this?

Su?brahmanya:
>Dr. Witzel:
>
>I am sure that you have seen the references given
>on the IndianCivilization list for your writings on tanks.
>
>Note: For those who are interested to see excerpts from
>Dr.Witzels writings on chariot tanks, please look up posting #446 and #452
>on IndianCivilization group at www.egroups.com
>
>Regards,
>Subrahmanya
Michael Witzel
Department of Sanskrit & Indian Studies, Harvard University
2 Divinity Avenue, Cambridge MA 02138, USA

ph. 1- 617-496 2990 (also messages)
home page:  http://www.fas.harvard.edu/~witzel/mwpage.htm

Elect. Journ. of Vedic Studies:  http://www1.shore.net/~india/ejvs