svaamaaraama [svaatmaaraama]

Lubomir Ondracka ondracka at TIGER.VSCHT.CZ
Thu Jul 13 11:51:32 UTC 2000

> Can any one tell me the date and origin of the hathayogapradiipikaa?
> Bob Peck

There is no exhaustive study on the history of Hathayogic literature.
For the history of HYP see:
P.K. GODE: Date of the Hathayogapradipika of Svatmarama Muni
IHQ 16 (1940): 306-313; repr. in Studies in Indian Literary History,
Bombay: Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan, 1953, vol. I, pp. 379-387.
(Gode suggests dates 1350-1650).

For the history of Hathayogic literature in general see this very good study:
Christian BOUY: Les Natha-Yogin et les Upanisads, Paris: Ed.-diff. de Boccard,
1994 (for HYP see esp. pp. 81-86, Bouy suggests 15th c.).

--
 Lubomir Ondracka
 Institute of Philosophy & Religious Studies
 e-mail:   ondracka at tiger.vscht.cz