Vital Statistics

Heinz Werner Wessler HWW-GR at T-ONLINE.DE
Mon Jan 10 20:51:05 UTC 2000

>          Even the mordern arabic numerals used through out the world
> resemble and originate from indian numerals.
>

> regards
>
> Rajarshi

...that is why the text of the Constitution of Indian prescribes in its
paragraph 343 (1) not only Hindi as the "official language of the Union", but
also: "The form of numerals to be used for the official purposis of the Union
shall be the international form of Indian numerals." I.e., Arabic numerals.

HWW

PS to "vital statistics": Which means, the globalization of Arabic numerals does
not demonstrate the semitization of world culture.

Dr. Heinz Werner Wessler
Bergstr.27A
D-53844 Troisdorf
Fon/Fax +49-228-455125