ashvamedha--to eat or not to eat?

Dominik Wujastyk ucgadkw at UCL.AC.UK
Wed Feb 9 13:38:01 UTC 2000

Dear Prof. Dave,

I do not wish to be too rough, but I cannot help noticing that you fall
into a category precisely defined in the "Scope" document that governs the
running of this list.  You announce yourself as a person with a
professional background in computer science, but you give no evidence of a
university-level engagement with classical Indian studies, or a
familiarity with the professional journals and publications of the field..
May I suggest that this is an uncertain platform from which to launch a
major project of re-interpreting the meaning of the Veda?

(I would also ask you (and all members) to keep your postings to the
recommended length of approximately 2k.)

I note that you work in Nadiad.  There is a fine collection of Sanskrit
manuscripts in your town, in the Dahilaxmi Library.  Have you found
interesting texts there?

--
Dominik Wujastyk
Founder, INDOLOGY list.