Text of a Song in Praise of Sanskrit

Shrikant Bahulkar bahulkar at PN2.VSNL.NET.IN
Tue Feb 8 05:57:28 UTC 2000

Dear Shri. Tilak,

The beautiful song you mentioned was composed by Dr. G. B. Palsule  many years
ago when he was working in Deccan College. It has been a practice in Pune and
elsewhere to sing this song in praise of the Sanskrit language on the occasion
of the National Sanskrit Day. I shall request one of those ladies who usually
sing the song to prepare an audio cassette and send it to you along with the
text.

Shrikant Bahulkar
Director
B. L. Centre of Sanskrit and Asian Studies
Tilak Maharashtra Vidyapeeth
Pune 411 030 India